Monday, October 25, 2010

New Everything.

Ok, so, Victoria is only 3 hours away from were I was born and grew up and only 1.5 hours from where I went to College and lived for 7 years, but there's definitely something different about this city, a change I didn't notice so much moving from my hometown to my 'College' town. There's almost always something going on here, arts shows, conferences, concerts, parties, and I'm guessing TONS of other things I never even get to hear about in parts of the city I never even see!

My very good friend, Bonnie and her guy Rob gave Mike and I a really cool 'Welcome to the City' gift, to help acquaint us with our new surroundings! It's a book, and every 2nd page has a brief caption about one of their favourite places in Victoria. On the adjoining page, is a spot for a photo. All of the corresponding photos to each of the captions can be found in the back, and the only way to match them up is to find the spot ourselves, (using the map, brochures and umbrella also included in the gift package). We've been grateful to have that little extra 'insider' exposure to our new City, and really, just grateful to be here! It's been a long time in the making. :)

I'm really enjoying my job so far. I'm the CLub Administrator at the Brand-spankin'-new GoodLife Fitness in the Bay Centre Mall. It's a pretty great company to work for - really admirable values and policies and a pretty wicked-fun work atmosphere. The Club itself is pretty impressive - being from a couple of small towns, I haven't seen a Gym like this before - it's big, and everything's brand new and state-of-the-art.

So, all-in-all everything has been good for us and our move and (almost) complete life overhaul. We've had a couple friends come for a visit (and we'd love to see more!!).

No comments: